The general admissions policy of Weatherford College is established by the Board of Trustees on the recommendation of the administration. Specific admission policy is the responsibility of the administration and the faculty. The director of admissions is responsible for administering the policy. Admission to Weatherford College is open to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, or disability. An admissions application form is available online at www.applytexas.org.
Admission to Weatherford College is open to qualified individuals under the following conditions:
- By high school graduation,
- By Texas Certification of High School Equivalency (GED, HiSet, and TASC exams), or
- By meeting individual approval guidelines: not graduated from high school, not enrolled in high school or home school, 18 years of age or older and his or her high school class has graduated.
- High School Graduates and College Transfer Students will be admitted as regular students under conditional acceptance for one semester pending acceptance of all required documents including official transcripts.
Before presenting themselves for registration, prospective students must complete the following steps prior to applicable deadline dates:
- Submit the electronic application for admission located at https://www.wc.edu/admissions/admissions-checklist.
- Have official transcripts from high school (including home school and private secondary school), GED services, and/or last college attended sent to the Student Services Office. Transcripts from other colleges must bear the
official signature and seal of the college from which they are issued and be sent from that college to WC. Weatherford College accepts electronic transcripts from high schools and colleges and their selected transcript
- Weatherford College requires a student who has not attended a prior college to present an official transcript confirming high school graduation. If the applicant has attended a prior college, only an official transcript from the last college attended is required as part of the admissions process.
In addition, for financial aid consideration, transfer students are subject to high school validation. Federal law requires a student to have valid high school credentials to receive financial aid, and that all conflicting information in a student record be resolved before the issuance of Title IV (Pell Grant and student loans) funds.
Weatherford College will accept without a validation process high school transcripts from any state-recognized ISD. Transcripts from Charter Schools and Home Schools will be reviewed for verification of all required components. Transcripts from private schools and online schools will be evaluated for content, and the institution from which the transcript is issued will be reviewed for validity. This is done in order to determine the quality and scope of education received by the student, and to meet the U.S. Department of Education mandate that such schools be vetted to determine if the school is a diploma mill. Weatherford College must have an official transcript from the school in order to begin the evaluation process.
- Provide the results of any state approved assessment test; or present verification of exceptional SAT, ACT or Texas high school exit scores; or present verification of active military duty or Reserve/National Guard in Texas. An advising conference will be held with each student who is required to take the TSI Assessment test.
- Veterans must submit military transcripts, Post 9/11 Certificate of Eligibility, DD214, and all prior college transcripts.
- Provide documentation of meningitis vaccination within the last 5 years. Students under age 22 who are entering an institution of higher education for the first time or returning after an absence of one or more semesters are required to provide this documentation. The vaccination must be received at least 10 days prior to the beginning of the semester for which application is being submitted. For additional information, including vaccination exemption, visit https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/school/college-requirements.aspx.
- Complete IRS form W-9S for social security number verification