Per TDLR License Requirements 1602.255 - To be eligible for an instructor license an applicant must:
- submit a completed application on a department-approved form;
- pay the fee required under;
- be at least 18 years of age;
- have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency certificate;
- hold an active operator license under this chapter; and
- have at least one year of verifiable work experience as a licensed operator; and have completed 500 hours of instruction in cosmetology in a commission-approved training program; or
- pass a written and practical examination required under 1602.262.