Graduation Requirements for:
THE ASSOCIATE OF ARTS,
THE ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE,
THE ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREES, AND
THE BACCALAUREATE DEGREE NURSING
Students in associate’s degree programs may graduate under the current catalog or any previous catalog under which they were enrolled back to a maximum of five years prior to graduation, beginning with their first enrollment at WC. In cases of curriculum changes within an A.A.S. degree plan, refer to Curriculum Changes Affecting Students Enrolled in Vocational/Technical Programs.
Veterans with one year active duty will receive three credit hours of physical education.
Developmental courses are not counted for graduation requirements.
Along with completion of coursework and credit hours outlined on pages that follow, the following must be in place for a student to earn a degree or certificate:
- Completion of entrance requirements.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all courses presented for graduation.
- A minimum of 25% of the hours of a degree for graduation earned from Weatherford College.
- Credit from other colleges applied toward graduation as determined by transcript evaluation by the registrar’s office. Official transcripts from all prior colleges must be on file for this evaluation to take place.
- No more than nine semester hours of correspondence study credit applied toward a degree.
- All areas of the TSI test passed if not exempt from this state requirement.
- Discharge of all financial obligations to Weatherford College prior to graduation.
- Formal application made during the first eight weeks of the semester of graduation. (See Petition for Graduation on college website)
- Official transcript(s) from other colleges and universities on file.