Incomplete Grades

Students who have successfully completed the majority of applicable coursework, maintaining a “C” or better average throughout the semester, but who are unable to complete all required work before the end of the semester due to uncontrollable circumstances may be given a temporary grade of “I” or incomplete in lieu of a final semester grade. Students must contact the course instructor to request assignment of the Incomplete prior to the end date of the semester. The student and instructor must document and agree to all terms and conditions for completion of the coursework on the Incomplete Grade Form prior to receiving approval from the Department Chair and Dean to grant an Incomplete. Grades of “I” not removed according to these conditions by the end of the next long semester in which the incomplete grade was granted will be permanently recorded as the grade that would have been awarded with the incomplete work scored at a value of “0”.