Located on the upper level of the Student Services building (STSV 104-106), the Academic Support Center (wc.edu/asc) is a resource center for students who need assistance in gaining the skills and knowledge needed to achieve academic success. The Academic Support Center staff is dedicated to providing support to the entire Weatherford College community through maintaining an up-to-date computer lab, presenting workshops on study skills, writing skills, and specific math topics, tutoring for various subjects including developmental classes, and providing a variety of testing resources. Handouts, books, and study guides are available for students needing these resources. Additional services include:
- Academic assessment through computerized testing is available to assist students in identifying academic strengths and weaknesses providing students with information enabling them to develop effective learning strategies.
- Test preparation for the entrance exams for the Health Sciences programs are offered throughout each semester. Schedules are posted at wc.edu/ASC/accuplacer-teas-workshops study guides and computer programs are also available to assist individual students in preparing for admission tests.
- Tutoring is offered on a drop-in basis or by appointment to all Weatherford College students. Schedules are posted at wc.edu/ASC/tutoring. In addition, online tutoring is available 24/7 for most subjects. All tutors are required to participate in a certification training program and in additional in-service training.
- Content tutoring is provided for Physics, Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, and Spanish. Tutoring for other courses may be provided on a one-to-one basis. Contact the Academic Support Center for more information.
- Required tutorials for developmental math, reading, and writing classes are coordinated through the Academic Support Center.
- Services for special needs students are coordinated through the Special Populations Office in conjunction with the Academic Support Center.
Study skills workshops in areas including time management, note-taking, and test taking are provided throughout each long semester. A schedule of these workshops is posted on the Academic Support Center web page; additionally, fliers announcing topics, dates, times, and locations are regularly distributed throughout the campus. For access online, visit wc.edu/ASC/study-skills-workshops.
In addition, math and writing workshops are offered throughout the semester on a variety of math topics. Workshop topics, dates, and times can be found at wc.edu/ASC/math-workshops